22 July, 2013

Positive Escapism?

I think my time is about up...

Since I received the primary report from the psychologists, I've been indulging in escapism ranging from TV, fantasy novels, movie-marathons, and food binges.  I haven't been sleeping particularly well and I've been hiding from the world.

Obviously, this is not good as a whole... but I'm hoping it's understandable.  I'm blogging about this journey to help with breaking the stigma around mental illness (no matter what my final diagnosis is) so this never-ending-seeming waiting period is part of the journey.

So now that I've woken up to the notion that some of this has not been healthy, it's time to do something about it.

- More training for the City2Surf in Sydney, Australia (Only a couple weeks to go!!!)
- More reading
- More spending time with other people
- Following my schedule instead of drifting from one thing to another

- Less time watching various media videos
- Less time playing games


I know that a certain amount of escapism was necessary as I couldn't focus on anything I was trying to accomplish and I've spent more time crying in the last month than I have in my life.  But now it's time to pick myself up off the mat and distract myself with some good, honest work.

No comments:

Post a Comment