15 April, 2013

Depression

Depression comes in waves... how suitable for the MRKy Waters author to be caught up in it.  I have happy moments, surrounded by family members who love and understand me... and I'm building myself back up from a particularly bad bout of depression.

The thing is, I feel more affected by emotions of others in this state.  I am normally a sponge when it comes to other people's emotion even though many have told me it doesn't register on my face.  I can think that I'm grinning like an idiot or worried that I may explode and my face doesn't show it.  I was at the gym with my best friend yesterday and, from what he said, I don't even show straining or exhaustion when I'm working out...

Now, with this depressive state, I feel an annoying or unfortunate incident as if it were some big tragedy - when something legitimately horrible happens like the death of my friend Peggy Sears (she died while working in construction outside Priddis, Alberta) and now the Boston Marathon bombing on April 15th, 2013, it's like a tidal wave... even though I had nothing to do with either incident and I'm not directly effected by the Boston bombing.  I am a VERY amateur runner... so I hope you understand my badly rampant imagination that has chosen to show me horrible images of me running across the finish line at Boston only to get blown up... and I can't stop it.

I don't know what will be done in an effort to help the survivors of these tragedies and others who suffer from depression - please donate blood at your local bank and register to donate organs and bone marrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment