11 February, 2013

Introduction


Melissa Roi Knive

To ask who I am is to understand what influences my character.  I am a Canadian girl born in the prairies of Alberta to a family of farmers.  Melissa is a Greek name meaning “Honeybee” - chosen because it was a different name then the common rural handles picked by my parents’ contemporaries.  Roi is the French spelling of my father’s name given to me by my aunt who understood the inherent significance between a man and his daughter and voted to honour that link.  Knive is the Norwegian family name given to us through my paternal grandfather who immigrated to Canada.  I am also of Welsh decent on my mother’s side - my great grandparents immigrated after my maternal grandfather travelled across the Atlantic seven times as an entertainer with his beautiful tenor voice.  I am also a Pisces which explains my active imagination, sensitivity, moodiness, romantic inclinations and interest in a wide variety of topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment